And the Spin number is....

19!

Which means I'm going to be reading an early German sort-of novel, Simplicissimus, by Grimmelhausen.  This was recommended to me by my brother, who is a professor of Middle High German.  It was written in 1688 and is an angry satirical adventure of the Thirty Years' War, a vicious war that decimated large swathes of Europe.

It's quite long, and as I noted in my Spin list, I actually started it a little while ago.  I'm not very far in yet, and I definitely need some motivation, so this is a good thing.  Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. This book sounds really interesting. I'll be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I admire your fortitude. I'll be awaiting your review with curiosity! And again, you win the award for the most eclectic book choices/discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jean, per uzhe you are an inspiration to us all. If this came up in my Classics Club spin, I'd probably just cheat and read something different. I do not feel I know nearly enough about the 30 Years War to derive any benefit from a satire of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz