Back to the Classics Challenge: Wrap-up

I finished the Back to the Classics Challenge, hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate, a little while ago with War and Peace, but I forgot to write a wrap-up post!  Here it is:


Required:

  1. A 20th Century Classic -- If on a winter's night a traveler, by Italo Calvino
  2. A 19th Century Classic -- Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot.
  3. A Classic by a Woman Author --  The Custom of the Country, by Edith Wharton.
  4. A Classic in Translation    Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol.
  5. A Wartime Classic  . -- August 1914, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  6. A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You  -- Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh

Optional Categories:


I finished this challenge 11/15/14.  Woohoo!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Your list is so great, it's given me a few ideas of what I'd like to read next year. And Brideshead Revisited was on my list too, I just finished it last week - even though I've yet to complete the whole challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu