Russian Lit Challenge Check-In

O wants to know how we're all doing with the Russian literature.  I've been reading a lot of Russian this year, though I needed a break after August 1914.  So far I have read 8 titles.  I signed up for 4-6, but I'd quite like to get to ten.


So far I've read:
  1.  We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin
  2.  Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol
  3. Eugene Onegin (final installment), by Pushkin
  4. Fathers and Sons, by Turgenev (mini-review!)
  5. What is to be Done? by Nikolai Chernyshevsky
  6. Maidenhair, by Mikhail Shishkin
  7. Notes from the Underground, by Dostoevsky
  8. August 1914, by Solzhenitsyn
Last night I got back on the Russian horse and started reading Chekhov's play Uncle Vanya.  I figure I'll read at least one play, maybe all of the three I have planned (but that might be too many plays at once), and then tackle the big one: War and Peace.

Comments

  1. I've read three so far and I'd like to get to six but we'll see ….

    I just had Maidenhair recommended to me and it was interesting to read your review of it. It's not easily available to me though, so it's going to have to wait.

    It's been years since I've read any Chekhov, so perhaps I should try some of his.

    Congratulations for doing so well on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz