Back to the Classics Checkin

Karen at Books and Chocolate is hosting the Back to the Classics Challenge this year, and it's time for a check-in post!  I have finished SIX of the ELEVEN categories, and I have the movie of Slaughterhouse-Five ready to watch soon.  I'm still not sure what classic thriller I'll read--I already read a lot of mysteries but I want something a bit special.  Anyway, here you go:



  1. A 20th Century Classic -- If on a winter's night a traveler, by Italo Calvino
  2. A 19th Century Classic -- Mill on the Floss, by George Eliot.
  3. A Classic by a Woman Author
  4. A Classic in Translation    Dead Souls, by Nikolai Gogol.
  5. A Wartime Classic  August 1914, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
  6. A Classic by an Author Who Is New To You Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh
Optional Categories:
  • An American Classic -- 
  • A Classic Mystery, Suspense or Thriller -- 
  • A Historical Fiction Classic. 
  • A Classic That's Been Adapted Into a Movie or TV Series.   Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut.
  • Extra Fun Category:  Write a Review of the Movie or TV Series adapted from Optional Category #4.  
 
I'm going to take a break for the next week or so while I'm doing summer stuff with the kids.  Back soon!

Comments

  1. Classic mystery---something by Josephine Tey or Dorothy Sayers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I nominated you for a Liebster a bit ago, but I think I forgot to notify you, so here it is!
    http://ravens-and-writingdesks.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award-number-two.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu