TBR Pile Challenge Wrap-up

Adam at Roof Beam Reader wants to know how we all did with his challenge.  Actually he already knows I finished, but a wrap-up post seems in order, so here we go:


I managed to read all 14 titles on my list, 12 picks plus 2 backups. I really enjoyed most of them and was very glad to have read them, with the exception of Last of the Mohicans, my candidate for Unreadable Book of the Year.  Some of them were less fascinating than others, but on the whole I'm happy.

Here is the master list:
  1. The Souls of Black Folk  (2/27)
  2. The 13th Element (7/12)
  3. Last of the Mohicans, by James Fenimore Cooper (4/21)
  4. St. Thomas Aquinas/St. Francis of Assisi (biography by G. K. Chesterton) (8/5)
  5. The Middle Window
  6. The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man (3/15)
  7. The Forgotten Man (7/30)
  8. Making Their Own Peace (6/22)
  9. The Echoing Green (5/21)
  10. The Chemical History of a Candle (3/16)
  11. Botchan, by Natsume Soseki (4/25)
  12. When Ladies Go A-Thieving (9/19)
  1. Meditations (Marcus Aurelius) (10/17)
  2. Bible and Sword (11/18)     
I finished November 18.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

A few short stories in Urdu