A December Weekend Readathon

O is celebrating the start of December with a nice weekend readathon on the 1st and 2nd.  I will certainly not be able to spend all of that weekend reading, but I can try to spend my free time reading instead of footling about on the Internet.  By then I'll be well into a candy-making marathon and will probably be sewing like mad between batches of fondant or truffles, so we'll see how it goes.  But look, a pretty picture!






I'll post pictures of Christmas candy too, in case anyone wants to see how it's done.

I have some really neat books on my pile and I'm feeling free to read them!  Plus I have 2 more books to read before I can finish off my challenges for the year--I'm almost done with Plato but after that I need to read more Herodotus and one more medieval book.  I'm having trouble picking which one (Eneas?  Marco Polo?  The one about Wales?  The Venerable Bede?) so I haven't started yet.

I just started a classic of Czech literature called The Good Soldier Švejk.  Apparently it's very well-known in Europe, but I only heard of it recently and promptly put it on my list, and then I got it for my birthday!  It's really long and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.  Also, a readalong of Thomas Hardy's Return of the Native is coming up at A Classic Case of Madness, so I thought I'd join in instead of reading the Hardy book that is actually on my pile.


Comments

  1. Oh I love Svejk. I read it about six years ago but I bought another copy recently to re-read and review it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll be interested to see what you say. I got to read more last night and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz