Before I Go To Sleep


Before I Go To Sleep, by S. J. Watson

Every day, Christine wakes up with no memory of the past 20 years or so--no memory of her husband, or her son, or anything else. She remembers events during the day, but they disappear as she sleeps. Over the past few weeks, though, she's been keeping a journal, recording her thoughts and any memories that pop up. As she writes, she realizes that her husband lies to her. Did she really lose her memory because of a car accident?

I thought this thriller was fine, but it's probably a little overhyped. Amnesia novels seem to be awfully common just now. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't hard to figure out where it was going. I think I like Lisa Unger better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz