Oh, gee. It's like being in a candy store...


I just found another online book club/challenge sort of thing.  It's the Classics Bookclub at 5 minutes a day.  I don't quite feel like I should sign up, since I already have two, but maybe?  Anyway I thought I'd alert all my many readers (come on, I know you're out there....right?) in case anyone else wants to join.  There are prizes! 

Ah, what the heck.  I'm gonna do it.  I have to read classics anyway to discuss with my little burgeoning logic-stage kid...

Oh, I'm supposed to post a couple of goals.  My current goal titles that I want to read soon are:

All Quiet on the Western Front, by Erich Maria Remarque (I've never read this, and we're doing WWI this week)

Caesar's Gallic Wars, by Caesar (nor this one, but we're doing Ancient in the fall)

The Worm Ouroboros, by E. R. Eddison (I'm actually halfway through this one and it's not easy.  If I'm not accountable, I won't get it done.)

Comments

  1. I don't think it's totally necessary to read the classics, but I generally enjoy them, or feel more knowleegable as a result. But like you, I need accountability -- so. . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz